StarTech specialise in providing PC products and accessories which focus on convenience and reliability.
- Allows an RS232 serial port to be presented at the rear of a PC
- Compatible with all PCs where there is a COM port header on the motherboard
- Useful for legacy hardware connections and industrial data transfer
- The serial port is presented as a 9-pin male DB9 connector
- The other end of the cable connects to a motherboard IDC10 COM port header
“Even quieter than my previous “quiet” PSU”
“I choose this PSU primarily because it has a 110/240V input and will shortly be going out to canada.
Installation was straight forward and everything worked as expected. Being modular I only fitted the cables I needed so that cuts down on clutter in the case.
The only slight issues I do have is with the cables.
I) They are quite stiff and particularly for the SATA connections they can put quite a strain on diskdrives PCB if you are not careful.
Ii) Where there are the the double connector, like the main 20+4 connector to the motherboard the cables to the 4 way connector has been made about 1mm too short so it wont clip properly onto its neighbour.”